Friday, April 1, 2011

Leprechaun 5 Mile Run

On Saturday, March 12, 2011 I ran the annual 5 Mile Leprechaun Run in Philadelphia.  It was held on West River Drive.  It was everything I thought it would be.  A chilly Saturday morning, a beautiful out-and-back course along the Schuykill River, and a few festively dressed runners.

The starting line was 500 feet to the left of the art museum.
I ran a good race finishing 67 out of about 500 runners.  I ran a time of 35 minute 53 second time, with which I was rather pleased.  I was originally supposed to run the race with two of my friends from college, but at the last minute they cancelled.  I decided that rather than run 5 miles in South Jersey, I would cross the bridge and join the crowd and do my weekly Saturday run in Philly.

View from Tavern on Broad, our first stop on the pub crawl.
After the race, I ran home took a quick shower and headed back to the city for an Irish Pub Crawl with a couple friends from college.  We didn't do the Erin Express which Philadelphia is famous for.  Instead we did a lesser known pub crawl.  We only used the bus once and we weren't really sure why we paid the $10 fee, but we had a good time nonetheless.  It was good to see friends from college that I hadn't seen for a long time.



The more you eat, the more you can drink... Delicious Nachos.

 The city was beautiful and lively as always.All in all it was a great day with activities and people that I really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment