Monday, December 13, 2010

Lull in the Action...

Well it's been a while since I've posted anything.  It's beginning to get brutally cold here in Southern New Jersey.  That is a real mood killer to the runner.  Plus I didn't rest adequately after the marathon.  I ran the marathon on a Sunday and by Thursday of the same week I was running again.

Any runner knows that beginning to run again too soon after a marathon is recipe for disaster.  For myself,  I have been having real problems with my knees since the marathon.  So I decided to take the experts' advice and try and take some time off.  My first attempt only lasted two days.  After two days I felt like I hadn't run in weeks so I picked it up again.  To my dismay, the knees were no better.

So I decided to try resting again.  Currently it has been three days and I'm still going strong.  I miss it like crazy it is a way for me to center myself and my energy and escape from the trials and tribulations of day to day life.  I am going to try to make it a whole week, but we'll see what happens.  The highest temperature predicted for this coming week is 39 with the rest of the days topping out in the high 20s and low 30s.

But as a little preview for what's to come.  I am signed up for a half marathon in New Orleans on Sunday, February 23, 2011.  I have yet to book my flight and hotel but I am looking to take off Friday and Monday and a long weekend of it.  I am currently planning on going down on a solo mission, but I have a couple of friends who have expressed interest in going with me, but you know how that goes...

I'm not worried about it.  I have read many things written by people who have traveled alone and it sounds like an exciting time to meet new people and make new discoveries about yourself.  Plus, I will have a race to focus on and I have already started making a list of places to see and places to eat.

Get busy living or get busy dying...

No comments:

Post a Comment