Monday, November 8, 2010

The City of Brotherly Love...

Yesterday, I took a trip over to South Philadelphia to watch the Philadelphia Eagles take on the Indianapolis Colts.  It wasn’t the greatest of games, but it was close and the Eagles prevailed so I can’t complain.

After the game I was waiting for the rest of my party to get ready to leave, so I decided to make a call to a friend of mine to catch up.  I was leaning against a telephone pole for about a half-hour when these two guys walked up to me and offered me a hamburger. They thought I was waiting for a ride and needed something to eat…..  This is why I love Philadelphia.  These guys were looking out for one of their own.  I kindly declined and told them I was merely waiting for the rest of my troop to get ready to leave.  I thanked them over and over and told them that it was a nice gesture.

I know that Philadelphia sports fans have a bad reputation around the country, but when it comes to taking care of our own there is no greater loyalty.  This instance made me think that there are still decent people in this world that will go out of their way to help a stranger.  There is still hope for this world after all, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment